The EMDM, Master of Science in Disaster Medicine, is a level-two master programme jointly organised by CRIMEDIM ReGEDiM, the Research Group on Emergency and Disaster Medicine of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). EMDM is aimed at all health professionals involved in the medical disaster management and humanitarian health response at local, national and international level. one-year online course (self-directed study under faculty guidance) composed of 10 units. The didactic contents and activities are provided on the EMDM e-learning platform.
This will allow the student:
- to learn the core content of the program and to decide what to study in a greater detail at different levels;
- to interact with the Faculty and facilitators for a better understanding of difficult points;
- to collaborate with other students to learn how to deal with team-work;
- A two-week face-to-face training period (the EMDM residential course) during which the students meet the Faculty and fellow students to interact in debates, practical exercises and simulations. This year EMDM will take place from May 25th to June 9th 2018.
- A Final on line examination provided on the EMDM e-learning platform, consisting of an electronic simulation exercise and a multiple-choice questionnaire on the content of the programme units.
- The writing of a Master’s thesis on a topic approved by the Education Committee and under the supervision of a thesis supervisor, chosen among the Faculty.