SEHA Abu Dhabi Disaster Medicine Education is a comprehensive training program developed to provide Abu Dhabi healthcare professionals with the basic and essential knowledge, skills and attitudes to immediately deliver life saving care to all patients in need of urgent or emergent care and to maximize the use of resources in mass casualty incidents and disaster situations.
With CRIMEDIM as the project-leader, the project focuses on disaster management and preparedness systems, including building capacity and assuring integration.
- BDMC – Basic Disaster Management Course
- ADMC – Advanced Disaster Management Course
- DMCS – Disaster Management Course for Seniors
- DMIC – Disaster Management Instructor Course
- Functional real-size live simulation
- After Action Report, and recommendations for 3 years strategy plan based on identified variations, priorities, and needs.
The didactic approach is based on modern theory of adult learning which combines traditional and innovative teaching methodologies, such as frontal lectures, distance learning, practical exercises, group work and discussion, computer simulations.