From 16.01.2008 until today he works as Senior Assistant in the ED of the Cantù Hospital (Como – Italy): normal duty in ED, responsible for trauma training program of the ED personnel, MCI plan designer.
His background includes working in:
– EMS (118 Como) from 01.02.2005 to 15.01.2008: normal duty in EMS, secondary transport of critical patients, training of EMS and volunteer staff
– Junior Assistant in Surgical Department at the Casa di Cura “Madonna della Salute” in Porto Viro (Rovigo)from 01.10.2003 to 11.01.2005: normal activity in ward, OR, ambulatory, ER.
– Medical Officer Italian Army (retired as Captain OF2, parachutist) from 18.01.1994 to 02.12.2003: general medical practice; prevention of environmental risks, hygiene and prophylaxis of staff, canteens, workplaces and housing; Forensic Medicine activity; driving instructor; responsible for the specific medical training of the combat medic and C‐SAR unit members; involved in all training and operational missions of the Regiment and paratrooper Brigade in Italy and all over the world; he has acquired special skills in logistic area, MCI management, NBCR, hostile environment medical activities, tactical medicine.
Education and training
At Catholic University in Rome:
- October 21, 1991: Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- October 28, 1997: Certification in General Surgery
At University of Oriental Piedmont during the Academic Year 2006-07: European Master in Disaster Medicine
At University of Cassino during the Academic Year 2001-2002: Master in “Politics and Security in the Mediterranean area from 1945”.
He has also attended several courses on MCI management, Civil Protection activities, management of CBRN major events in prehospital and hospital setting, trauma and medical emergencies management in adult and pediatric patient.
Scientific and Teaching Activity
He is author or coauthor of two books on medicine, 22 scientific papers and reports to Congress and 18 abstracts and posters presented at conferences, 7 chapters in EMDM e.learning course
Member of the following scientific societies:
SIMEU, EUSEM, AAEM.
Member of EUSEM Disaster Medicine Section
Member of workgroup on “Disaster Management in Pre-Hospital and Hospital setting” – FIMEUC (Italian Federation of Emergency and Disaster Medicine)
He is also: ATLS Instructor, Emergo Train System Educator and Senior Instructor, ISEE Simulator and XVR Virtual training Instructor.
He has held training courses at national and international level on trauma management and MCI management.