CRIMEDIM is leader partner in the EU funded project TIER – Integrated strategy for CBRN threat identification and emergency response.
The project aims at developing a comprehensive and integrated strategy for emergency response in case of use of Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear materials, as well as Explosives, based on threat identification and risk assessment.
- Assess the main risks and threats related to the potential malicious use of CBRN materials
- Develop a knowledge management tools, based on previous experiences of the partners, for threat identification
- Improve systems for data collection and sharing between different actors involved in emergency sistuations
- Develop new methodologies for personnel training with regard to different actors involved in emergency situations
- Develop new methodologies for training and response assessment
- Create an integrated strategy for emergency response based on threat identification and assessment
- Perform training activities related to two different scenarios
- Evaluate the effectiveness of this strategy in two different scenarios, in terms of costs and potential in saving lives
- Share good practices and raise awareness about potential malicious use of CBRN materials